What is MBST-THERAPY?
MR-Therapy (Magnetic Resonance) works at the cellular level. The worldwide patented German technology transfers energy directly into the cells of the tissue we are treating to stimulate regenerative processes.
Contraindications for the treatment
- Blood infections.
- Bacterial inflammations.
- If your horse is in Foal.
MBST® stimulates the hydrogen protons using radio waves, putting them into a ‘high energy’ state, this energy is then released in the same way as in MRI.
When we have an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) the energy is reflected out and picked up by sensors for the computer technology to turn this into an understandable image for us to see.
When we have MBST®, the radio wave is carrying the right frequency to be absorbed by the surrounding tissue. The devices work via chip cards and they come into play as these frequencies differ depending on what the tissue is that we are trying to act upon. When this ‘energy’ is absorbed by the tissue, it can then be used to recharge the cell as it is the right resonance. This means that, with repeated treatment, we can get the cell back to the right potential energy and regenerate. Having the chip cards reduces human error and ensures it increases the rate of success.
MBST® should not be confused with other therapies such as PEMF, Shockwave and Magnetic Rugs, as these only treat symptoms i.e:
- PEMF works on the ions as opposed to the hydrogen protons. Hydrogen is much more readily available in the body than ions. MBST® is the only device that can actually act at the cellular level. PEMF devices use a single magnetic field and coil meaning that the magnetic field treatment area is only right up against the wall of the device. With MBST® having 3 different fields, the treatment area is throughout the whole device, with strongest in the middle section. That is why it is designed with the bed, making it more open and comfortable for the patient.
- Magnetic blankets claim to assist healing by increasing the flow of blood. The single static magnetic field in these products is not strong enough.
- Shockwave therapy encourages blood flow to the area of pain, an important factor in the healing process, however it does not treat the root cause of the pain.
Background of the MBST® Technology
- It has been used to treat people and animals for over 17 years.
- Originated in Germany and currently available in 29 countries worldwide including France, Russia and Australia.
- Based upon similar principles as MRI, MBST® came about after patients reported reduced pain after having had MRI scan.
- Mr Muntermann found inspiration from these MRI reports and then developed MBST®.
- Cell Regeneration is the UK distributor and also has a MBST® dedicated clinic in Stamford, Lincolnshire and a Horse rehabilitation centre STX sport Horses in Leicestershire. MBST® patients are treated in conjunction with physiotherapy or Veterinary consultation and advice on exercise to help aid recovery and rehab.
How does MBST® work
- MBST® is made up of a treatment unit that uses three different electro-magnetic fields.
- The magnetic fields alternate, reacting with the damaged cells in order to stimulate their regeneration. This results in increased function of the joint, often eliminating the need for surgery.
- Patients can be treated whilst relaxing, lying down or in a chair, depending on the area being treated by MBST®.
Who can be treated by MBST®
- Horses who suffer from pain in their joints, legs and back.
- Horses with Osteoarthritis, stress and bone fractures, ligament and tendon damage.
- Injuries treated with MBST enable the horse to return to work at a faster (safe) rate.
- A horse after an operation can use MBST to speed up recovery and increase chances of recovery.
- Can be applied over casts and splints.